Why I Got Started?
After making the switch to a plant-based/vegan diet 4 years ago. I struggled to find any baked goods that tasted good. Everything I was accustomed to having contained dairy. Majority of the vegan baked goods on the market taste awful and fail miserably with texture.
How I Got Started?
I started to research dairy substitutes used in baking. After countless batches and testing numerous binding options from applesauce, chickpeas and chia seeds nothing seemed to work. Just out of curiosity I tried baking without the use of an egg-substitute and found the texture very similar to a regular soft baked cookie. I then took several weeks adjusting ratios and experimenting with flavours. When I knew I had a good cookie recipe I had to start testing among friends and family. The feedback was consistent and I was on to something. I also knew that these cookies needed a great name and it had to be unique. Not too long after I was sitting in a restaurant in Atlanta waiting for my food order and “Can I Kick It” from A Tribe Called Quest was playing. Then the name instantly came to me “A Cookie Called Quest” flatout explains the Quest to create the best vegan cookie.
Things About Me/A Cookie Called Quest
- Borrowed mom’s mixer that was sitting around buried under other items found on a Jamaican mom’s countertop.
- Started A Cookie Called Quest during Covid-19
- Baked over 20,000 cookies and counting
- To be the standard vegan cookie brand. The Pillsbury of vegan cookies
- Standing orders in major retailers
- Encourage and teach other entrepreneurs that look like me on how to get their business off the ground